- Education: High School or equivalent
- Experience: None
- Skills: Attention to detail; Able to follow instructions
- License: None
- Physical: Able to push or pull up to 50 lb. Use of arms and hands. Good eyesight. Tolerance for extreme weather conditions and heights
- Mental: Able to Read, Write & Speak English; Basic Math comprehension.
TASKS AND DUTIES OF JOB:
- Assist in installing electrical systems,
- Thread conduit ends and connect couplings and conduit fittings using wrench.
- Secure brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pull wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals.
- Replace faulty circuit breakers, fuses, switches, electrical and electronic components, or wire.
- Hook up equipment for power.
- Replace motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers.
- Request direction from Electricians and Foreman when performing installations.
- Follow State and local building codes during installation and inspection.
- Install and connect wires to circuit breakers, outlets, and transformers.
- Pick up supplies from vendors.
- Work overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
- Maintain appropriate timesheets as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Clean the shop area as needed, maintaining the workplace in an organized and orderly manner.
- Stock the truck with parts and supplies needed for the day’s assignments.
- Maintain inventory and inform supervisor of any projected shortages.
- Perform all other Tasks and Duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality. Work overtime as needed to complete assignments.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and use protective equipment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Complete timesheets and reports on time and in sufficient detail.
- Cooperate with management, customers and co-workers; demonstrate teamwork.
- Continuously strive to develop skills towards promotion to Electrician. The expectation is that any Electrician Assistant should be eligible for promotion within 2 years of hire with Iowa Central Electric
About Us:Visit our website at www.icecontracting.com
Job Type: Full-time