Education: High School or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 4 years apprenticeship
Skills: Attention to detail; Able to follow instructions
License: Valid Drivers License
Physical: Able to push or pull up to 50 lb. Use of arms and hands. Good eyesight.Tolerance for extreme weather conditions and heights
Mental: Able to Read, Write & Speak English; Basic Math comprehension.
TASKS AND DUTIES OF JOB:
- Design, install, service and maintain both overhead and underground distribution systems.
- Install, service and maintain electrical substations
- Install wiring systems into factories, businesses, and homes.
- Upgrade existing wiring.
- Follow State and local building codes during installation and inspection.
- Repair electrical equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and diagrams. Be able to diagram Ladder.
- Determine where wires and components will be situated.
- Install and connect wires to circuit breakers, outlets, and transformers.
- Pick up supplies from vendors.
- Instruct Assistants in proper procedures and safe work practices.
- Work overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
- Maintain appropriate hour and production records as instructed by the Supervisor.
- Clean the shop area as needed, maintaining the workplace in an organized and orderly manner.
- Perform all other Tasks and Duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality. Work overtime as needed to complete assignments.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and use protective equipment as needed
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Complete timesheets and reports on time and in sufficient detail.
- Cooperate with management, customers and co-workers; demonstrate teamwork.
- Maintain customer satisfaction at a high level.
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the company by completing assignments within the budgeted hours and materials costs.